p.2 The Schooner Velocipede, burthen sixty-five tons, came through the carrying place, from Long Point Bay, into Lake Erie, on the 26th of March, 1834, and found six feet of water in the channel, where, at the same time last year there was nothing but a beach, where boats used to be hauled over to get into Long Point Bay. [The Liberal ]
Storage and Wharfage.
The Subscriber begs leave to inform the public that he has rented the well known Storehouses and Wharf formerly occupied by Mr. John McGuire at the foot of Store Street. As to location they have not their equals in town. Those who wish to store property or dispose of it by consignment, may rely on the utmost endeavours of the subscriber to give satisfaction for all orders he may be favoured with in the above line of business.
N.B. For the accommodation of Travellers there will be a room fitted for the reception of Baggage.
Kingston, April 11th, 1834.
ad for Bentley's Ferry and Tavern Stand - formerly known as Wessell's Ferry. Sophiasburgh, April 10th, 1834.