Port of Genessee, on Lake Ontario, N.Y.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Wood engravings
- Woodcut engraving of the Port of Genesse, on Lake Ontario, N.Y. from an ambrotype by E. T. Whitney of Rochester. The principal steamboats are, from left to right, the MAPLE LEAF, HIGHLANDER and ONTARIO.
- The original ambrotype is featured in Gerald T. Girvin, "The Maple Leaf Story Prior to the Civil War", in Keith V. Holland et al., eds., The Maple Leaf: An Extraordinary American Civil War Shipwreck, (Jacksonville, FA: St. Johns Archaeological Expeditions, Inc., 1993), p. 64.
- "The Port of Genesse, on Lake Ontario, N.Y."
- Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date of Original
- 5 Jul 1856
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
New York, United States
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Canadian Illustrated News clippings