p.2 Arrivals - 17.
p.3 PROVINCIAL REGATTA
OPEN TO ALL COMERS
Friday and Saturday
Sept. 25th and 26th, 1863
Under the Immediate Patronage of Overton S. Gildersleeve, Esq., R.C.Y.C., Commodore Cataraqui Yacht Club; Colonel Burrows, Royal Artillery, Commanding the Troops at Kingston; Lieut. Colonel Lowry, Commanding 47th Regiment.
LIST OF RACES, ETC.
A. - For yachts of over 10 tons - Entrance, $10; Prize, the entrance fees, with $60 added.
B. - Yachts of ten tons and under - Entrance, $5; Prize, the entrance fees, with $50 added.
C. - Open Boats, under 20 feet keel - Entrance, $2; Prize, $20.
D. - Champion Race - one pair sculls - Entrance, $4; Prize, $20.
E. - Sailing Punts - under 16 feet over all - Entrance, 50 cents; Prize, $5.
F. - Military Skiff Race - one pair sculls - Entrance, 50 cents; Prize, $10. Open to all Officers and Men in H.M. Regular Service.
G. - Volunteer Race - four-oared shell boats - Entrance, $5; Prize, $20. Open to regularly enrolled members of all Companies of the Volunteer Naval Brigade of Canada.
H. - The Ladies' Stakes - Prize - a set of Colors (R.C.Y.C. Burgee and Ensign) presented by the Ladies of Kingston, and Sweepstakes - Entrance, $5. Open to 1st and 2nd class yachts belonging to the Royal Canadian Yacht Club, of bona fide British or Canadian build.
In each of the above races, three to enter or no race.
On Monday, the 28th, the Yachts in harbor will cruise under the command of the senior officer present.
Extracts From Regulations Of The Regatta.
1. Entries to be made with the Hon. Sec. or the Treasurer, Jas. Falconer, Esq., before 9 p.m., on the 24th instant; after which double fees will be charged.
2. In case of more than four boats or yachts starting in any match, the 2nd to save her stakes.
3. The Rules of the Royal Canadian Yacht Club will be adhered to, except as otherwise specified in the Rules passed by the Committee of Management.
4. The usual time allowance in Races A, B, and H, except as specified below.
5. In Race H, 1st Class Yachts to allow 2nd Class Yachts an additional half minute per ton.
6. In Races A,B and H, Centre-board Yachts shall allow one minute to Standing Keel Yachts of equal tonnage; and to Standing Keel Yachts of smaller tonnage, they shall allow one half minute per ton, in addition to the one minute above specified, and such other time allowance as may be claimed by the provisions of Rules 4 and 5.
7. All persons resident in Kingston and vicinity, entering Yachts or Boats; and all persons entering Yachts or Boats other than British bottoms, must be subscribers to the Regatta Fund in a sum at least equal in amount to the entrance fee of the Race for which such Yacht or Boat shall enter.
8. In Race C, Boats of 18 feet keel and under, shall allow one half minute per foot -and boats over 18 feet keel, shall allow one minute per foot - to boats of smaller size. Half-decked boats and those with running boards included in this class.
In Every Case, the distinguishing flag to be carried by any Yacht, Sailing Boat, or Rowing Boat, must be specified, and the entrance fee paid, at the time of making the entry.
Yachts comprised in class B will be permitted to enter in Class A.
By order of the Committee.
(Signed) F. Sandys Dugmore,
Royal C. Rifles, & R.C.Y.C.,
Kingston, Sept. 18th, 1863.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN