Daily News (Kingston, ON), Nov. 12, 1867
- Full Text
p.2 The contract for housing the gunboats at Toronto, Goderich and Port Colborne, has been awarded to Alderman Clements, of the former city.
Wharf Extension - The old Scobell premises, situated at the foot of Brock street, near the Fish-market, which have lain comparatively idle for many years past, are now being resuscitated by Mr. G.M. Kinghorn. The stores are being opened and put to good practical use, and the wharf, which had gone sadly out of repair, is being rebuilt and extended a hundred and fifty feet into the harbor. The intention is to make this wharf the stopping place of the Cape Vincent and Kingston and Wolfe Island ferry steamers next year. Taken altogether, the improvements going on there will greatly benefit that part of the city.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Original:
- Nov. 12, 1867
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Rick Neilson
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes