Explosion of the Propeller Inkermann, at Browne's Wharf, Toronto, C. W., May 29, 1857
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Wood engravings
- Woodcut engraving of the explosion of the steamboat Inkermann on the Toronto waterfront, on 29 May 1857. The sketch on which this engraving was based was made by William Armstrong.
- William Armstrong was both civil engineer, artist and photographer, being a member of one of Toronto's early photographic companies. His career is well-documented in Henry G. Campbell, Early Days on the Great Lakes (1971).
- "Explosion of the Propeller Inkermann, at Browne's Wharf, Toronto, C. W., May 29, 1857"
- Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper
- Place of Publication:
- New York
- Date of Original:
- 13 Jun 1857
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Canadian Illustrated News clippings