Oswego Palladium (Oswego, NY), Saturday, June 6, 1851
- Full Text
Revenue Cutter Harrison - This vessel, it is generally known, is in the service of the Treasury Department, and renders essential aid in the protection of the revenue and the suppression of smuggling along the frontier of the State. The Harrison has her rendezvous at this port, cruising up and down the lake from Niagara to Sackets Harbor about three times a month, and when not acting under general orders from the Secretary of the Department, is subject of the order of the Collector of the port.
The Cutter is a snug and tidy little craft of about 120 tons burthen, and carries a fine 18 pounder and a crew of 14 persons beside the officers, four in number, making eighteen all told. The officers are as follows: J. Moore, Captain, T. Cornell, 1st Lieut. , A. C. Cook, 2d Lieut. , and A. G. Stanford, 3d Lieut.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Original:
- Saturday, June 6, 1851
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Richard Palmer
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes