Donnelly (Steamboat), C94988, 1913
- Full Text
Port Number: 269 Year Number:4 of 1875
Name: ROCHESTER, HASTINGS, EURYDICE, DONNELLY,
When Built: 1865
Where Built: Montreal
Present Master: W.E. Swales (1875)
Builders name & date of certificate: Aug. I8, 1875
Description of vessel:
Length: 158 feet
Breadth: 26 feet
Depth of hold: 9 feet & 5/1Oths. at amidships
How Built: Carvel
How Rigged: Not
Engine-room: 72 feet long, 154 tons
Subscribing owners, George S. Dauntry of Cobourg dated March 10, 1864, and after many changes the vessel was owned by Charles F. Gildersleeve during 1872. the name was changed to HASTINGS by order in council dated May 7,1877, Charles Chamberlain of Toronto was the owner dated Dec. 14, 1883 and the register was Transferred to Toronto July 4, 189Q and name changed to EURYDICE by order in council dated May 16, 1890 No. 94988 while still registered at the Port of Toronto her name was again changed to DONNELLY likely from her master in 1885 Thomas Donnelly, she was rebuilt and remeasured many times her last dimensions at Toronto were as follows
Length = 142 feet
Breadth = 24 feet & 7/10 ths.
Depth of hold = 8 feet & 8/1O ths.
Toronto Register closed Nov. 5, 1920
NOTATIONS Dismantled & out of commision
Port of Kingston Shipping Registers
1846 to 1874
Paddle wheel steamer DONNELLY.* Official Canadian No. 94988. Of 319 tons gross; 90 tons Reg. Built at Montreal, Que., in 1863. Home port, Toronto, Ont. 142.0 x 24.7 x 8.8 Owned by the Donnelly Salvage & Wrecking Co.
* formerly steamer EURYDICE, HASTINGS.
Name Changes from Registry Books of the Dominion of Canada,
on December 31, 1913. Sessional Papers Vol. XLV11 No. 16
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- ex ROCHESTER, HASTINGS, EURYDICE
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- William R. McNeil
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes