Berkshire (Barge), U53256, 1905
- Full Text
Barge JOHN SCOTT RUSSELL.* U.S. No. 53256. Of 1,192.20 tons gross; 1,132.56 tons net. Built at Duluth, Minn., in 1889. Home port, Buffalo, N.Y.
* Formerly Barge 103. [whaleback]
Merchant Vessel List, U.S., 1896 [unrigged]
Barge BERKSHIRE.* U.S. No. 53256. Of 1,192 tons gross; 1,132 tons net. Built at Duluth, Minn., in 1889. Home port, Port Huron, Mich. Crew of 7. [whaleback]
*Formerly [a] barge 103, [b] barge JOHN SCOTT RUSSELL.
[Unrigged] Merchant Vessel List, U.S., 1906 [Unrigged]
103. * Built Oct. 5, 1889 Whaleback Barge - Steel
U. S. No. 53256 1192 gt - 1132 nt 253.0 x 36.0 x ----
* Renamed [b] JOHN SCOTT RUSSELL - U.S. - 1895
[C] BERKSHIRE - U.S. - 1905
Foundered May 23, 1909, off Sandy Hook, N.J.
American Barge Co., Superior, Master Shipbuilding List
Institute for Great Lakes research
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- ex barge 103, JOHN SCOTT RUSSELL
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- William R. McNeil
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes