Oswego Advertiser & Times (Oswego, NY), Wed., June 5, 1867
- Full Text
The Tug Fulton. - On invitation, this morning, we took a short "scoot" this morning upon the lake, on the new tug "Fulton," a new candidate for favor in our harbor. The "Fulton" was built in Buffalo last summer, and is about as smart a thing of its size we have seen.
She is fifty feet in length, draws about five feet of water, has a powerful engine, and is as graceful in the water as a swan. She is owned by Messrs.. Wing & Brown, of this city. - Capt. Charles E. Wing; Engineer, W. T. Brown. During the prevalence of high water, the "Fulton" has been towing canal boats in the river, above Phoenix, where she has done a lively business. Hereafter she is ready for harbor business, and in the hands of her enterprising owners we shall be surprised if she does not become a favorite.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Original:
- Wed., June 5, 1867
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Richard Palmer
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes