Steam screw EASTNOR.* Official Canadian No. 126058. Of 258 gross tons; 177 tons Register. Built at Lions Head, Ont., in 1909; rebuilt at Owen Sound, Ont., in 1916; rebuilt again at Midland, Ont,. in 1930. Home port, Owen Sound, Ont. Of 25 horse power. 89.5 x 23.6 x 9.6 Owned by Mrs. Eva Tackaberry, Lyons Head, Ont.
*Formerly HENRY PEDWELL, CHARLES LEMCKE, and KAGAWONG.
List of Vessels on the Registry Books of the Dominion
of Canada on December 31, 1933
NOTE:-- [a] CHARLES LEMCKE, 1909. [b] HENRY PEDWELL, 1912. [c] KAGAWONG, 1931. [d] EASTNOR, 1933.
POPULAR STEAMER BURNED AT WIARTON
The above picture is that of the former steamer HENRY PEDWELL, latterly know as the steamer EASTNOR, which was burned at her dock at Wiarton on Saturday morning last. She was owned by Mr.John Tackaberry, of Lion's Head. This boat was built at Lion's Head in 1909 by Messrs Pedwell and Lembke, the hull being entirely new, but the machinery of the tug GLADSTONE, which was burned at Lion's Head, was placed in her, and was named the HENRY PEDWELL and used as a tug. She was burned at Wiarton in 1815. The hull was bought by Mr.John Tackaberry and rebuilt from the keel up, of white oak, and put into commission in the fall of 1916 under the same name. She was later sold to the Dominion Transportation Co., and during the latter's ownership the ship sank in Owen Sound harbor.
Mr. Tackaberry again came into possession of her, and she was widened at Midland, the machinery taken out of the steamer ALICE being installed in her. her name was changed to that of the KAGAWONG, and she was operated by the Georgian Bay and Manitoulin Transportation Co., composed of Southampton business men, from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island. Later she again became the property of Mr. Tackaberry, and her name changed to that of EASTNOR. More extensive cabins were placed on her and during the past summer she operated between Fort William and Silver Island.
Owen Sound Daily Times
November 22, 1933