Norman P. Clement (Motor Vessel), C146255, 1933
- Full Text
Name of Ship - CLEMENT, NORMAN P.
Canadian Official No. -146255
Propeller -- Steel
Dimensions: 252' 3" x 43' 3" x 17'9"
Tonnage: 1729 Gross 1112 Registered
Date of Build: 1923
Place of Build: Cowes, Isle of Wight, Great Britian
Builder: J.S. White & Co., Ltd.
Date of Launch: January 23, 1924 Hull No. 1729
Name Change (s):
[a] NORMAN P. CLEMENT - 1923 - 1968
[b] The name WILLIAM H. REID was proposed as a name change, and was so listed in the Great
Lakes Red Book, for 1966. But the name was never officially changed.
Owner(s): Name Place Date
(1) Eastern Steamship Ltd. Port Colborne, Ont. 1923 - 1936
(2) Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co., Ltd. Toronto, Ont 1936 - 1961
(3) Tank Truck Transport Ltd. Point Edward, Ont. 1961 - 1966
(4) Chembarge, Ltd. Point Edward, Ont. 1966 - 1968
Converted to Sulphuric acid tanker from Bulk Carrier by Chemical Valley Fabricating Co., Ltd., at Point Edward, Ont., in 1961
Disposition: Grounded at Britt, Ontario, during the week of October 7, 1968; taken to Collingwood Shipyards, Ltd., Collingwood, Ont., for repairs.
While in dry dock, suffered explosion on October 16, 1968, injuring 11.
Towed by the tug DANA T. BOWEN to a point off Christian Island, Georgian Bay, and scuttled in 350 feet of water on October 23, 1968.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- ex WILLIAM H. REID [unofficial]
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- William R. McNeil
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes