THE LADY FRANKLIN. -- This beautiful little craft came in this morning from Ashtabula, where she received her outfit. She is intended to do business on the Detroit and St. Clair Rivers - was built for the owners Messrs. Lockwood, Helbrook & Field, of Ashtabula, at the yard of Messrs. Quayle & Martin, of this city, and is sixty tons burthen. Her engine was built by Bishop & Garlic, of Cleveland, is one of great power, boiler 6½ by 12 feet, cylinder 20 by 24 inches, three bucket wheels. She will be commanded by George Field. The engineer is John Beerman
Buffalo DailY Courier
Saturday, August 10, 1861
The steam tug LADY FRANKLIN has been sold to Smith & Post of Oswego, for the sum of $7,000 cash, and takes her departure from here for that port this morning. She has been plying on the river since August last, is new and of great power, and will answer well for towing vessels in and out that harbor.
Detroit Free Press
June 13, 1862
Steamer LADY FRANKLIN. U. S. No. 15020. Of 27.78 tons. Home port, Oswego, N.Y.
Merchant Vessel List, U. S., 1869