On the 10th inst. a schooner called the HENRY NORTON, of 120 tons, was launched at the village of Richmond, near the mouth of Grand River, Ohio.
May 20, 1834 2-5
. . . . .
NEW VESSELS. -- Several new vessels have arrived in port within a few days, from different ports west, where they have been constructed. We have not the names of all. The schooners BRIDGET, Capt. Lundy; the HENRY NORTON, Capt. Oliver, the INDIANA, Capt. Whitaker, and the Brig INDIANA, Capt. Burnett, are among the number. We noticed, recently, the Brig ILLINOIS, built here, by Pratt, Taylor & Co. The INDIANA, now arrived, is her twin mate; two hundred and fifteen tuns burden, completely found, in all respects, and destined for the same service -- the trade of the far west. She is a lofty and noble vessel, and her finely tapered spars tower above the fleet in port, "like the masts of some tall admiral." (part)
July 16, 1834 p. 3, c. 1
. . . . .