NEW PROPELLER -- A propeller has been built at Marine City (Newport) for the Toledo and Saginaw lumber and salt trade. She has been named the SALINA, and is 141-3/4 feet long, 26 feet beam, and 10 foot depth of hold. She is owned by Mrssrs. Gallagher and Tremaine, of Marine City, and will be ready for business on the opening of navigation.
March 6, 1866
SHIPBUILDING AT DETROIT. - The following statement is taken from the Tribune:
The propeller SALINA, owned by Messrs. Gallagher & Tremalne, of Marine City, and built by P. Leslie, at that place, is having her machinery, which was constructed by Flower & Bro., placed in her. This craft is 141-1/2 feet long, 26 feet beam, and 10 feet depth of hold. She will be ready for business by the opening of navigation. She is intended for the Saginaw and Toledo lumber trade, exclusively for freighting, and is a good, substantial craft, without upper cabin.
Buffalo Daily Courier
March 7, 1866
Steam screw SALINA. U. S. No. 23106. Of 212 tons gross. Built Marine City, Mich., 1866. First home port, Detroit, Mich. DISPOSITION. -- Lost 1896.
Merchant Steam Vessels of the U. S. A.
Thge Ltytle - Holdcamper List, 1790 - 1868