Detroit Gazette (Detroit, MI), 26 June 1818, page 2
- Full Text
The town of Mount Clemens is situated on the north bank of the River Huron of Lake St. Clair, about four miles above its mouth; and is the seat of justice for the county of Macomb; at which place is now erecting a Court House and jail. Its lots are high, dry, and elegantly situated. The village is furnished with a number of springs of most excellent water.
The river is navigable for large vessels up to the town, which affords many commercial advantages. Nearly opposite the village, is a mill seat, equal to any in the territory; where will be immediately erected a grist mill, saw clothiers works, and carding machine.
The adjoining country in excellent, high, well-timbered and well watered with streams and springs of most excellent water, and will admit of the largest and most compact settlement of any part of the Territory. Village lots and out lots may be had on liberal terms.
Mount Clemens, June 23, 1818.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Column 4
- Date of Original:
- 26 June 1818
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Dave Swayze
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes