The engines from the burned tug SEA GULL are being rebuilt here (Bay City, Mich.) one of them will be placed in the tug MANISTIQUE and the other will be placed in the PARKER, owned by Frank Reid.
March 7, 1895
In 1861 the tug GEORGE H. PARKER was built in Detroit by John Stupinski for Mr. Parker of Detroit. She cost a little over $12,000 and in her first season netted her owner $3,000 above her cost. But those were the days of many schooners and few tugs. She lived on, bearing her full share of fortune and misfortune, until about four years ago, when she was condemned. Abraham Smith of Algonac bought her and had her taken to that port, where her engine was taken out and the boat rebuilt from the keel up. She has lain there the past four years awaiting a purchaser, and if the present hard times continue she is likely to stay there awhile longer. - Free Press.
June 25, 1891