Lady Prevost (Brig), 25 Jul 1812
- Full Text
Late in the autumn of 1811 the construction of a brig of 230 tons to replace the CAMDEN was begun at Amherstburg but this vessel was not launched until the 25 July, 1812, when she was named the LADY PREVOST, in complement to the wife of the Governor General.
Memorials of Fort Erie and Early Navigation of Lake Erie
by Colonel Cruckshank p. 133
LADY PREVOST - Schooner - 230 tons - 86 crew - 13 guns- broadside. In 1810 built by the Provincial Government of Canada at Amherstburg. Captured by Perry, September 10, 1813. After peace, in 1815, she was sold by the government to R. S. Reed of Erie, Pennsylvania, who sold her to parties in Canada. She was in merchant service for many years under the command of Captain Robert
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- launch, Amherstburg
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- William R. McNeil
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes