The schooner TELEGRAPH, owned by Curtis & Thomas, of this city, has been fitted up in capital style and left port this afternoon for Saginaw, the first sail craft for a Lake Huron port . This vessel was rebuilt about a year ago, and with her improved outfit this spring is in as good condition as when first built -- rating A 1 -- and looks as trim as any craft in the harbor. She is commanded by Capt. Allen.
The schr. JOHN WEEDEN, which also wintered up the "Creek," has been partially rebuilt during the winter. She has received a new deck, bulwarks, stanchions, etc., and is now receiving a new coat of paint. The improvements on her will be completed in a few days, and she will be ready for business. The J. W. is owned by A. Chesebrough and Capt. Hand, and will be commanded by the latter.
April 12, 1866
VESSEL REBUILT. -- The schooner JOHN WEEDEN appears this season quite like a new vessel, having been rebuilt this past winter, and so well has the work been carried out to perfection, that we think it safe to say she is as good a vessel to-day as when first launched. The work was done by Jennison, at Toledo, under the supervision of Capt. Hand, who sails her, and is also owner in part. - - - Advertiser.
April 30, 1866
Schooner JOHN WEEDEN, U. S. No. 12792. Of 214.43 tons gross. Home port, Detroit, Mich.
Merchant Vessel List, U. S., 1869
Schooner JOHN WEEDEN. U. S. No. 12792. Of 214.43 tons. Built Huron, Ohio, 1857 at the shipyard of John F. Squires . -- Lost Lake Ontario, 1869.
Herman Runge Notes