Gargantua (Propeller), C138277, 1952
- Full Text
GARGANTUA was launched as SEAFARER. Hull was built by S.C. McLouth Shipyard at Marine City, MI, in 1919, for U.S. Shipping Board (hull No. 2415). War ended and contract was cancelled prior to completion. Sold to Lake Superior Paper Co. and completed in 1923. Hull was in boneyard at Thessalon by May, 1952, then moved to Wingfield Basin, Ontario, in Georgian Bay.
Historical Collections of the Great Lakes
Bowling Green State University
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- abandoned Wingfield Basin,
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- William R. McNeil
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes