Oswego Palladium (Oswego, NY), June 1, 1876
- Full Text
The new screw wheel steam boat T.H. Camp, of Cape Vincent, arrived in port this morning with a cargo of fish. The Camp is rather a pretty boat, and was built at Cape Vincent by Luther Read of Henderson. She is seventy-four feet over all, 14 feet beam and 5 1/2 deep in the hold, and is owned by the Horton Brothers & Ainsworth, extensive fishermen at Cape Vincent.
The boat was built especially for the fish trade, and is of light draught so that she can go out into shallow water and gather fish from the fishermen. It is the intention of the owners to run her here twice a week, with sufficient fish to supply the market. She has an engine built by Clute of Schenectady, by which she will be driven through the water at a rapid rate.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Original:
- June 1, 1876
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Richard Palmer
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes