Detroit Post & Tribune (Detroit, MI), Nov 18, 1880
- Full Text
The scow Mary Lydia, which was sunk early in the season at Sandusky, will be rebuilt at Amherstburg this winter. It is the intention of the owners, R. Canfield & Sons of Kingsville, to haul her out immediately and lengthen her 16 feet and put a schooner bow on her, widen her five inches on each side, raise her decks three feet fore and aft and 18 inches amidships, put in new spars and bowsprit, and in fact nearly everything above decks needs replacing. She was built at Kingsville and lengthened at Port Dover about 10 years ago. Capt. R. W. Spence will superintend the work.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The MARY LYDIA was thoroughly rebuilt as described and came out the following August as M. L. CANFIELD. Barely a month later, while bound Sandusky for Amherstburg, she foundered off Bar Point, a few miles from home.
- Date of Original:
- Nov 18, 1880
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Dave Swayze
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes