Detroit Post and Tribune (Detroit, MI), Aug 17, 1881
- Full Text
The name of the schooner J. & A. Stronach has been changed to A. B. C. F. M., which, translated, means American Board of Commissioners of Foreign Missions.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- US#12978, 144 t., built 1854, Milwaukee; scuttled and abandoned off Milwaukee in 1902. The A. B. C. F. M., founded at Old North Church, Boston ("one if by land," etc.) in 1810, was the main American organization sending missionaries abroad for more than 100 years.
- Date of Original:
- Aug 17, 1881
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Dave Swayze
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes