Detroit Post and Tribune (Detroit, MI), Dec. 15, 1881
- Full Text
Bay City Tribune: The tug Nat Stickney, owned by Carkin, Stickney & Cram, of East Saginaw, is to introduce a new marine boiler into these waters. Charles Ward, of Charlestown, W. V., has made contract to place in position and have in running order by March 15 one of his patent steam generators. The generator is an upright boiler, warranted to do three times the work of the ordinary marine boiler with the same fuel. Mr. Ward agrees in his contract not to ask for a cent of remuneration until the boiler has been tried and accepted.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The NATT STICKNEY (US#130184) was a new tug of 77 gt, built at E. Saginaw for the local marine construction firm mentioned. She lasted until at least 1902. There were also tugs named after the other owners of the firm, ROYS J. CRAM (US#110520, b. 1882) and two W. S. CARKINs (US#81013, b. 1874, lost 1887 and US#81198, b. 1888). C. W. Ward founded a company which built and installed steam-powered church organs.
- Date of Original:
- Dec. 15, 1881
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Dave Swayze
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes