Steamboat Western World
- Stanton, S. W., Attributed name
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Sketch of the Steamboat Western World on Lake Erie
- Illustration from J. B. Mansfield, ed., History of the Great Lakes. Volume I, Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co., 1899
- "Steamboat Western World. Built at Buffalo in 1854. Length 348 feet; beam 45 feet; engines vertical beam, 1,500 horse power; 2,002 tons; Western World and Plymouth Rock, duplicates, two of the finest side-wheel steamers ever built on the lakes; each cost $250,000; hull timbers diagonally braced with iron; four water tight compartments; ran only a few years. From "American Steam Vessels," Copyright 1895 by Smith & Stanton."
- J. H. Beers & Co.
- Place of Publication:
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes