Kingston, May 9. -- The tug ELEANOR, towing two coal barges, sprung a leak last evening and sunk off Pigeon Island in 100 feet of water. The tug was valued at $2,000. No insurance. The crew was saved.
Saturday, May 9, 1891
Steam screw ELEANOR. [no number] Of 25 gross tons; 7 tons reg. Built Bedford Mills, Ont., 1866. Home port, Kingston, Ont. 47.0 x 10.3 x 6.8 Owned by J.F. Swift of Kingston, Ont.
List of Vessels on the Registry Books of the
Dominion of Canada on December 31, 1886
. . . . .
PORT OF KINGSTON - VESSEL REGISTER
Type Steam Tug
When built 1866
Where built Bedford Mills, County of Frontenac.
Present master William Murphy
Builders name & date of Certificate:- John Chaffey, Nov. 15, 1866
Description of vessel:
Length 47 feet
Breadth 10 feet & 3/10ths.
Depth of hold 6 feet & 8/10ths. at amidships
How rigged Not
How built Carvel
Engine-room 19 feet & 4/10ths. length and 12 tons weight.
Subscribing owners: John Chaffey, sole owner, sold to J. Francis Swift of Kingston, dated Aug. 2, 1879, who sold to Chas. Gildersleeve of Kingston, dated Aug. 2, 1887.
NOTATIONS:-- Vessel remeasured June 1877 as follows
Gross Tonnage 25 tons
Deductions 18 tons
Register Tonnage 7 tons
Length inside at 1/2 amidships depth 47 feet
Breadth inside amidships at 2/5ths. 9 feet
Tonnage of hull 22 tons 
Tonnage of Engine-room 12 tons 
Register tonnage 10 tons 
Register's Note. VESSEL SUNK IN LAKE ONTARIO, REGISTER CLOSED DECEMBER 31, 1891
National Archives, Canada
Vol. 207 1867 - 1874