Wrecking of the Walk-in-the-Water, November 1, 1821
- Matthies, Attributed name
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white reproduction of a painting depicting the wreck of the steamboat Walk-in-the-Water on the night of 1 Nov 1821.
- Illustration from J. B. Mansfield, ed., History of the Great Lakes. Volume I, Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co., 1899.
- "Wrecking of the Walk-in-the-Water, November 1, 1821. From an oil painting by Mr. Matthies, made for Thomas and Mary A. W. Palmer, of Detroit, who were on the boat at the time of the disaster, returning home from their wedding trip. The wreck occurred just above the old lighthouse, or nearly opposite the foot of Main Street, Buffalo before daylight. Copy of painting obtained from C. M. Burton, Detroit.
- J. H. Beers & Co.
- Place of Publication:
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- Language of Item:
New York, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes