Steamboat Western Metropolis
- Stanton, S. W., Attributed name
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Drawing of the paddlewheel steamboat WESTERN METROPOLIS
- Illustration from J. B. Mansfield, ed., History of the Great Lakes. Volume I, Chicago: J. H. Beers & Co., 1899.
- "Steamboat Western Metropolis. Built at Buffalo in 1856. Length 340 feet; tonnage 1,860; one beam engine, cylinder 76 inches diameter; 12 feet stroke; easily made 21 miles an hour between Buffalo and Toledo; made a bark in 1862, carrying 5,000 yards of canvas, and never beaten by any sail craft; lost on lake Michigan in 1864. From "American Steam Vessels." Copyright 1895, by Smith & Stanton."
- J. H. Beers & Co.
- Place of Publication:
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes