Windmill Point Lighthouse, Grosse Pointe, MI
- Diane Bédard, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The Windmill Point Lighthouse marks the north side of the entrance to the Detroit River from Lake St. Clair. The current lighthouse dates to 1933. It's the 5th constructed/modified lighthouse on the promontory point of Presqu’Isle MIchigan since the first was built in 1838 (1838, 1866, 1875, 1908, 1933).
• 12,000 candlepower
• flash sequence is three one-second flashes every ten seconds.
• owned and maintained by the US Coast Guard
- Date of Original:
- 28 Aug 2010
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
Maritime History of the Great Lakes