Daily British Whig (Kingston, ON), 21 May 1869
- Full Text
p.2 The Loss of the Grecian - Further Particulars - One Soldier Drowned - "The steamer Hiram Calvin was despatched from Kingston on Wednesday night to the wreck of the Grecian, with divers, and the necessary apparatus for getting out the submerged baggage and cargo." [Witness]
-Imports - 19,20.
-Our Marine Note Book -
-Vessel Accidents - sch. Supply waterlogged and abandoned off Chicago.
- barque Bridge foundered in deep water in Thunder Bay.
- sch. Lottie Wolfe collided with sch. W.B. Spaulding in Saginaw Bay.
- sch. Montpelier ran ashore on Lake Huron west of 40 Mile Pt.
- bark H.P. Bridge collided with prop. Colorado near south passage of Mackinaw Straits.
- sch. Montezuma aground on Peach Island, Detroit River.
p.3 Marine Laws - Committee on Fisheries & Navigation want Board of Examiners established to examine Masters and Mates.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Publication:
- 21 May 1869
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Rick Neilson
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes