Daily British Whig (Kingston, ON), 24 Nov 1870
- Full Text
p.2 Imports - 23.
-Marine - The schooner William John recently sunk and raised here, has been towed into a slip and will be cut up for firewood, as utterly useless.
- burnt prop. Shickluna now in drydock to be rebuilt.
- Northern Transportation Co. has suspended payments.
- sch. Sweepstakes ashore near Port Nelson, got off.
- sch. Prince Edward ashore on Isle of Coves, Georgian Bay with a broken back.
p.3 Elevating Into Cars - Messrs. J.H. Henderson & Co's elevator transferred a cargo of wheat out of a vessel into G.T. grain cars -a new mode of forwarding here.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Publication:
- 24 Nov 1870
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Rick Neilson
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes