Detroit Free Press (Detroit, MI), Aug. 29, 1894
- Full Text
Old Chicago Light Removed
The lighthouse steamer Amaranth is at Chicago and the harbor light tower is being taken apart and loaded upon her for removal to Twin River Point, Wis., to take the place of the one now there. The tower will have thirty feet added to its height, making it 100 feet. The light will still be as now, third order.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This light was the one built for Columbian Exhibition and then accepted by the government in the fall 1893. It still stands on Rawley Point.
- Date of Original:
- Aug. 29, 1894
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Dave Swayze
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes