p.3 Court of Revision - Holcomb & Stewart over assessment of elevator, reduced $3,000.
- John Devana, over assessment on str. Adventure, reduced $2,000.
- C.F. Gildersleeve's assessment on Norseman and Hastings reduced from $24,000 to $6,000, the Norseman being assessed at Port Hope.
- Lewis Middleton's vessel assessment fixed at $1,500.
- Thos. Taylor - vessel assessment fixed at $6,500.
- Mr. Proctor's assessment on prop. Africa remitted - no legal claim.
- Capt. W.R. Taylor's assessment of vessels in 1874-75 reduced one half, in view of wrong entry as W.R. Taylor & Son.
-Chicago clearances: Prop. Cleveland, Kingston, 10,272 bush corn; barge O.J. Hall, Kingston, 22,027 bush barley.
Arrivals for Montreal Transportation Co. - Schrs. Madeira, 20,000 bu corn; Hoboken, 18,917 bu corn; M.J. Cumming, 20,000 bu corn; Havana, 19,427 bu corn; Montcalm, 20,800 bu corn; Mont Blanc, 20,600 bu corn.
Garden Island Arrivals: Schrs. J.R. Benson, Bay City, timber; Augusta, Bay City, timber; Southampton, Bay City, timber; Bismarck, Bay City, timber; E.H. Rutherford, Bay City, staves. Departures - none.
-The steamer Island Belle has made her appearance at Cape Vincent. She is a fine boat and outspeeds the craft on that side of the river, making the run from Clayton to Cape Vincent in one hour and ten minutes. She runs down to the Bay daily.
Passed the Canal: Schrs. M.A. Lydon, Collins' Bay, Bay City, light; J.C. Woodruff, Collins' Bay, Toledo, light; Emerald, Collins' Bay, Sheboygan, light; Wawanosh, Kingston, Bay City, light; M.L. Breck, Kingston, Sheboygan, light; Princess, ----, Quebec, lumber; Prince Alfred, Sheboygan, Kingston, timber; Laura, Pincanning, Clayton, timber; Montery, Detroit, Clayton, timber; M.F. Merrick, Toledo, Clayton, staves; Westside, Chicago, Kingston, corn; Oriental, Lake Superior, Kingston, timber; Monticello, Chicago, Kingston, corn; J.S. Austin, Sheboygan, Garden Island, timber; Watertown, Chicago, Kingston, corn; Cavalier, Sheboygan, Garden Island, timber.