- Full Text
List of Vessels laid up at American Ports on Lake Ontario and the River St. Lawrence.
We are indebted to Capt. Wm. Williams, Marine Inspector of Board of Lake Underwriters, for a list of vessels laid up at the various ports on this side of Lake Ontario and the River St. Lawrence, for the winter of 1863-64, which is as follows:
At the Port of Oswego
- Steam Tugs.
- Tornado of Oswego, Lady Franklin of Oswego, Robert Read, Oswego, Major Dana, Oswego
- J. H. Bloore, Oswego.
- Norman of Oswego,
- Cleveland, of Chicago, Admiral, of Quebec, Gibralter, St. Catherines, Sonora, Milwaukee, Hungarian, Oswego
- Wm. Lewis, of Oswego, John Rae, of Hamilton, Seminole, Oswego, Frontier City, Oswego, Resolute, Buffalo
- Phalarope of Milwaukee, A. G. Moray of Chicago, Portage, Oswego Czar Oswego, L. J. Latham Oswego, Wm. I. Preston, Oswego. Carlton, Oswego, Wild Rover, Fairport Athenian Chicago, Milan Milan, Algerine, Oswego, Wm. Young Milwaukee, Thos S. Mott, Oswego, Belle Walbridge, Toledo, Gerrit Smith, Oswego, Delos De Wolf, Oswego, Empire State, Oswego, Ottawa, Oswego, Forest, Oswego, L. B, Crocker, Oswego, Sarah Bond, Oswego Cincinnati Oswego, Junius Oswego, Cornwall, Oswego, Norwegian Oswego, Com Foote, Oswego, Fulton Oswego, Wm Sanderson, Oswego, Nicaragua, Oswego, Sylph, Oswego Raleigh, Oswego, O. V. Branard, Oswego, Pierpont, Toledo, Aetna, Cleveland, Summit, Cleveland, Granada Oswego, H. W. Hoag, Toledo, Star of Hope, Detroit, J. L. Gross Vermillion, Jos. Grant, Oswego, Corsican, Oswego, Geo Steele, Chicago, Wm. B. Ogden, Chicago, WM. Case, Cleveland, Wm. J. Whaling, Mil. Pilgrim, Racine, Lewis Wells, Toledo, Mary E. Burgoyne, Oswego, Willard Johnson, Oswego, Plymouth Rock, Oswego, Wm. G. Grant Cleveland, Albion, Toronto, Miami Belle, Toledo, Maj, Anderson, Oswego, Bermuda, Oswego, Ostrich, Oswego, Mary Francis, Montreal. James Platt, Oswego, Senator Blood, Oswego, Dispatch, Oswego, A. Ford, Oswego, Theo. Perry, Oswego, Carthagenian, Oswego, James Navagh, Oswego T. Martin, Toledo, Persian Oswego, Hiawatha Toledo, Kate Robinson Toledo, Gen. Sigel Youngstown.
- Scow Schooner
- Farmer, Sackets Harbor Medora of Oswego, Dolphin, Oswego, Markwell, Oswego, E. Masters, Oswego..
- Tugs 5
- propellor 1
- barques 5
- Brigs 5
- Schooner 69
- Scow schooners 5
- Total 90
- The number laid up here last winter was 100
- Gen Cuyler, Wm Doran.
- Jay, Catchpole, Benj. Franklin, R. B. Lummis, Mull, Gipsey, Alfred Allen.
- Ontario, Bay State, Cataract, Sorel, Elgin
- Rival, Myrtle, North Star, Commerce, Morgan Susan Syble.
At Big Sodus
- Fleet Wing, Active Almira.
- At Henderson
- Volunteer, Imogene,
- Merrimac, Onward, Mediterranean, Ironsides Gazelle, Union.
- Scow Schooner,
- G. W. Westcott
At Sackets Harbor
- Gen. Burnside, Sovereign of the Lakes, Northern Light
- M.F. Merick, Clayton Belle, Monticello, Reindeer, Mountaineer, Montezuma, Selkirk, S. H. Lathrop, Flying Cloud, Portland Mediator, Traveler,
At Alexandria Bay
- Ferry steamers-
- New York, St. Lawrence.
- City of New York, Buckeye, Wisconsin, Ontario, Ogdensburg, Prairie State,
- Steam Yacht,
- Mariner, Mayflower, S. C. Wallbridge, Andes.
- J. F. Warren, H.S. Fairchild, Carrington, Fairfield, E. K. Gilbert, Melrose, Adirondac, Dashing Wave, J. G. Mc Cullough. Gold Hunter, J. Tibbetts Grand Turk, King Sisters, Emu Louisa, Carrier Dove, Almina, Geo. C, Cooper. Amelia, T.Baker, Chas. G. Alvord.
- Scow Schooner,
- Converse, Mill Boy
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Date of Original
- January 8, 1864
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Richard Palmer
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmail