Built 1833, at Detroit, Mich.
Hull, by F. Church, 156 feet in length, from stem to stern; 29 feet beam, 11 feet 2 inches depth of hold. 472 73/95 tons.
Two beam engines, of 80 horse power each, built by Silas Battell, of Buffalo, N.Y.
The MICHIGAN was owned by the Lake Michigan Steamboat Company, and ran mainly between Buffalo & Detroit. She also made a number of trips each season from Buffalo to Chicago and Milwaukee. The two engines of the Michigan were afterward taken out and one was placed in the R. R. ELLIOTT and the other in the CITY OF SANDUSKY, both lake steamboats.