Daily News (Kingston, ON), 16 Dec 1879
- Full Text
The Harbour Bylaw.
The Council, on motion of Ald. Gaskin, went into Committee of the whole on the bylaw to extend the harbour line, fixing a new line to which the wharves shall be extended - Ald. Irving in the chair.
The Mayor suggested that the extension should be 300 feet until it came to the Queen's Wharf, when it could curve in so that they could accommodate the large vessels which would come through the enlarged Welland Canal.
The bylaw was, after some conversation, passed through Committee. The extension was increased from 240 feet to 300 feet, from the present boundary, at Barrack Street, southward.
The bylaw was then read a third time and passed, and the Council adjourned at 11:30 p.m.
p.2 Lachine and Cornwall Canals - Notice to Contractors - for replacing lock gates.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Date of Publication:
- 16 Dec 1879
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Rick Neilson
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes