p.1 Rideau Canal - Committee of Supply - discussed in House of Commons on Dec. 6th.
p.2 Improvement of the St. Lawrence - Report of Messrs. Whiting & Crawford - projected costs, amount of produce shipped, etc.
It gives us pleasure to perceive by the advertisement of David John Smith Esq., that the new Steam Boat intended to ply on the Rideau Canal, is to be built without any loss of time. We understand she is to be called "The John By."
letter to the Editor about improvements to the St. Lawrence, comparing times taken to pass through St. Lawrence and Rideau Canal - signed R.C. (2 columns)
p.3 Tenders will be received at the Office of the Subscriber, on or before the 19th February next, for 8,000 Feet of Oak, and Red Cedar Timber, suitable for the building of a Steam Boat for the Rideau Canal. The Timber to be delivered on Mississaga Point, in the Town of Kingston. Specifications to be seen by applying at the Office of the Subscriber. Tenders for the Oak and Cedar will be received separately if required.
David John Smith, Treasurer.
Kingston, 21st January, 1830.
The co-partnership between the undersigned, under the firm of John McPherson & Co., is this day, by mutual consent, dissolved; the subscribers are severally authorized to settle the affairs of the late co-partnership, all persons having demands are requested to present them at their office at Prescott.
signed John McPherson,
Prescott, 12th January, 1831.
NEW FORWARDING ESTABLISHMENT.
The subscribers beg leave to inform the Merchants of Upper Canada and the public in general, that they have entered into co-partnership under the firms of McMillan McDonell & Co. at Prescott and Ogdensburgh, and that of McMillan Link & Co., at Montreal. They will be prepared on the opening of the navigation with good Durham boats and Bateaux, manned with experienced masters and conductors, to transport any produce or merchandize that they may be favored with on as favorable terms as that of any respectable House in Upper Canada. The business at Prescott and Ogdensburgh, will be carried on at the old stands formerly occupied by the late firm of John McPherson & Co.