p.1 Report of the Commissioners Appointed to Superintend the Improvement of the Navigation of the River St. Lawrence - Jonas Jones is President of the Board of Commissioners. (2 columns)
p.2 Lighthouse - We are gratified to find that in the light house bill passed at the recent session of Congress, is an appropriation "for a light house or beacon light on one of the piers at the harbor of Oswego, on Lake Ontario, as authorised by act of thirtieth of June, 1834, in addition to a former appropriation of $3,666, the sum of $6,485;" making in all $10,151. [Oswego Palladium]
p.3 By request we publish an account of the last Annual Meeting of the Stockholders of the Steam Boat William IV.
"The Agent, A. Jones, exhibited a statement by which it appeared that the amount of debts due the Boat on the 3rd March, 1835, was £620 15s. 10 1/2d., that the Boat owed at that time £338 12s. 3 1/2d., leaving a balance at the credit of the Boat (provided the debts all prove available) of £282 3s. 7d., which, with a spare shaft on hand and the stores belonging to the Boat, would increase said balance to the sum of £480 16s. 4d., exclusive of the dividend of £5 per share already paid.
It was Resolved - That the addition of false sides to the William IV is considered an improvement, and that the Proceedings of the Agent relative thereto are approved; that it appears from his statement, that the expenses attending the addition of the false sides and the repairs of her bottom, have amounted already to the sum of $597 8s. 5 1/2d. which sum having been paid by the Agent from the funds of the Boat, nothing remains to be divided among the Stockholders."