p.2 Our Canal is in successful operation, and our wharves are lined with canal boats and vessels discharging and taking in their cargoes. On Monday the canal boat York, Capt. Kellogg, arrived from Troy, bringing a cargo of merchandize from New York for Cleveland, Ohio, and the Schooner Winnebago, Capt. Howe, cleared with the same freight yesterday for Cleveland, via the Welland Canal. [Oswego Palladium, April 22nd]
Correct List of Bills
Passed by the House of Assembly during the First Session of the 12th Provincial Parliament
16. An Act to incorporate certain persons therein mentioned, under the style and title of the President, Directors and Company of the Grimsby Breakwater Pier and Harbour Company.
19. An Act to incorporate a Joint Stock Company for the construction of a Harbour at the mouth of Stony Creek, on Lake Ontario.
30. An Act to continue and amend an act passed in the second year of His Majesty's reign, entitled "An act for incorporating a Joint Stock Company under the style and title of the President Directors and Company of the Port Dover Harbour."
48. An Act to explain and amend an act incorporating the Welland Canal Company, and for appointing arbitrators for certain purposes therein mentioned.
64. An act to increase the Salary of the Keeper of the False Ducks Light House.
65. An act for the erection of a Light House on Hartley's Point on Lake Erie.
66. An act granting to His Majesty a sum of money for the purchase of a steam dredging machine.
67. An act to remunerate Francis Hill, Esquire, Civil Engineer, for services at the Burlington Bay Canal.
68. An act granting further aid to the Burlington Bay Canal.
73. An act granting a loan to the Cobourg Harbor Company.
74. An act granting a sum of money for the erection of a Light House on Gull Island, or such other place as the Commissioners may select.
79. An act granting a sum of money for the improvement of the harbor at Kettle Creek, and for other purposes.
p.3 The Cobourg steam boat, under the command of Capt. Paynter, formerly of the William IV, made her appearance in our harbor yesterday, much beautified. The Cobourg is one of our first-rate steam vessels, and her Captain is well known for his experience and attention.
Rideau Canal - The steam boat Margaret, Capt. Morehouse, commenced her first trip to Bytown on Monday evening. The other Rideau steam-boats will soon be under way. The Canal, by this time, must be free of all obstructions.