Havre de Matane, P.Q.
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Postcard featuring the George Hall Coal & Shipping Corporation canaller GLENCORRIE at the pulpwood loader at the Hammermill Paper Company wharf in Matane, QU.
- Built at Wellsend, England in 1923, GLENCORRIE was originally owned by the Glen Line, and was briefly owned by the George Hall Coal & Shipping Corp. before being acquired by Canada Steamship Lines and being renamed SIMCOE. As SIMCOE she was one of the first vessel to make the transit of the Saint Lawrence Seaway in 1959.
A very similar image appears in Ivan S. Brookes, The Lower Saint Lawrence , p. 250.
- "Havre de Matane, P.Q."
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Gerry Ouderkirk
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes