The Maritime History of the Great Lakes

Results

We found
42
matching items
Geographic Location
Port Dover
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Anthropological Fieldwork among the Commercial Fishermen of Port Dover, Ontario, 1977-1978: Chronicling the Cultural Traditions of an Occupational Community in a Lake Erie Commercial Fishing Port
    Text  Van West, John J., The Northern Mariner / Le marin du nord (St. John's, NL), Jan 2014, 1-22     Anthropologists have long relied on field studies in support of their research. For the students of the discipline, fieldwork remains a particularly important (but not obligatory) rite of passage which they must pass successfully in order to become a recognized and accredited practitioner of the discipline. This document serves two ...
    Text  Van West, John J., The Northern Mariner / Le marin du nord (St. John's, NL), Jan 2014, 1-22   Anthropologists have long relied on field studies in support of their research. For the students of the discipline, fieldwork remains a particularly important (but not obligatory) rite of passage which ...
  • Robert K. (1917)
    Ship       Official No.: 126648; 69x17x7 Owned by W. F. Kolbe 1917; A. G. Anderson & N. M. Thompson, Port Dover 1927; T. A. Gordon et al., Tobermory 1935. Built by J. E. Paasch, Port Dover 1917. Engine 11-22x14 by Doty Engine Works (made 1881). Fish Tug. Destroyed by fire 23/06/35 Tobermory. ...
    Ship     Official No.: 126648; 69x17x7 Owned by W. F. Kolbe 1917; A. G. Anderson & N. M. Thompson, Port Dover 1927; T. A. Gordon et al., Tobermory 1935. Built by J. ...
  • S.B. Grabell (1912)
    Ship       Official No.: 126644; 62x17x6 Owned by W. F. Kolbe & S. B. Grabell, Port Dover. Built by G. Gamble, Port Dover 1912. Engine 12x12 by Bay State Iron Works, Erie Pa. (made 1892), to "Anko". Fish tug.
    Ship     Official No.: 126644; 62x17x6 Owned by W. F. Kolbe & S. B. Grabell, Port Dover. Built by G. Gamble, Port Dover 1912. Engine 12x12 by Bay State Iron Works, Erie ...
  • Two Friends (1905)
    Ship       Official No.: 100627; 52x13x5 Owned by Ainsley & Low, Port Dover Ont. Built by W. Haskett, Port Dover 1905. Engine 7½-15x10 by Doty Engine Works.
    Ship     Official No.: 100627; 52x13x5 Owned by Ainsley & Low, Port Dover Ont. Built by W. Haskett, Port Dover 1905. Engine 7½-15x10 by Doty Engine Works.
  • Margaret L. (1918)
    Ship       Official No.: 126649; 60x16x6 Owned by T. H. Lowe, Port Dover 1921; J. A. Macaulay, Port Dover 1927. Fish tug.
    Ship     Official No.: 126649; 60x16x6 Owned by T. H. Lowe, Port Dover 1921; J. A. Macaulay, Port Dover 1927. Fish tug.
  • Anko (1914)
    Ship       Official No.: 126645; 63x14x7 Owned by H. W. Ainslie, Port Dover Ont. 1917. Built by G. Nash, Port Dover Ont. 1914. Engine (from "S. B. Grabell") 12x12 by Bay State Iron Works, Erie Pennsylvania. Fish tug.
    Ship     Official No.: 126645; 63x14x7 Owned by H. W. Ainslie, Port Dover Ont. 1917. Built by G. Nash, Port Dover Ont. 1914. Engine (from "S. B. Grabell") 12x12 by Bay State ...
  • Annie Craig (1879)
    Ship       Official No.: 71140; First Rebuild: Official Number: 71140 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 78 x 17 -- 80 tons Rebuilt: Port Dover, Ontario, Canada in 1880 59x16x6 Owned by E. O'Keefe, Toronto, sometimes operated by Humber Ferry Co. Built by D. Foster, Port Burwell Ont. 1897; almost immediately rebuilt to 78x17x5 by ...
    Ship     Official No.: 71140; First Rebuild: Official Number: 71140 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 78 x 17 -- 80 tons Rebuilt: Port Dover, Ontario, Canada in 1880 59x16x6 Owned by E. O'Keefe, Toronto, ...
  • The Belle (1899)
    Ship       Official No.: 100624; 67x13x7 Owned by E. Harris, Port Dover Ont. 1900; to A. Kennedy. Meaford 1904, 1917. Built by Mason & McCall, Port Dover 1899. Engine 9-18x12 by Waterous Engine Works, Brantford.
    Ship     Official No.: 100624; 67x13x7 Owned by E. Harris, Port Dover Ont. 1900; to A. Kennedy. Meaford 1904, 1917. Built by Mason & McCall, Port Dover 1899. Engine 9-18x12 by Waterous ...
  • Bolinder (1920)
    Ship       Official No.: 126650; 63x15x6 Owned by J. Taylor, Port Dover 1927; A. Downie, Port Dover 1935, G. S. Downie, Port Dover 1945. Built by J. E. Paasch, Port Dover 1920. Removed from Register c1948. "Bolinder" was an early type of diesel motor.
    Ship     Official No.: 126650; 63x15x6 Owned by J. Taylor, Port Dover 1927; A. Downie, Port Dover 1935, G. S. Downie, Port Dover 1945. Built by J. E. Paasch, Port Dover 1920. ...
  • City of Dover (1916)
    Ship       Official No.: 126647; 75x20x7 Owned by W. F. Kolbe, Port Dover 1916.; N. K. Wagg, 1921; to Honey Harbour Navigation Co. 1922; Georgian Bay Tourist Co., Midland 1927, 1935; Lake Superior Water Transport Service 1957. Built by J. E. Passch, Port Dover 1917. Engine originally made at Little Current, rebuilt ...
    Ship     Official No.: 126647; 75x20x7 Owned by W. F. Kolbe, Port Dover 1916.; N. K. Wagg, 1921; to Honey Harbour Navigation Co. 1922; Georgian Bay Tourist Co., Midland 1927, 1935; Lake ...
  • E.M. Foster (1882)
    Ship       Official No.: 85471; Later Registration: U.S.A. (1889) 98x19x5 Owned by D. Foster, Port Burwell, Ont., to T. Marks, Prince Arthur's Landing (Port Arthur) Ont. 1883. Engines (2) 9½x12 by Doty Engine Works. Fish tug at first, to Lakehead re Canadian Pacific Railway construction. Wrecked 08/10/88 Port Hope, Michigan, refloated as ...
    Ship     Official No.: 85471; Later Registration: U.S.A. (1889) 98x19x5 Owned by D. Foster, Port Burwell, Ont., to T. Marks, Prince Arthur's Landing (Port Arthur) Ont. 1883. Engines (2) 9½x12 by Doty ...
  • Gambler (1909)
    Ship       Official No.: 126642; 54x14x6 Owned by H. W. Ansley, Port Dover Ont. Built by G. Gambler, Port Dover 1909. Engine 10x10 by Sutton Bros., Buffalo. Fish tug.
    Ship     Official No.: 126642; 54x14x6 Owned by H. W. Ansley, Port Dover Ont. Built by G. Gambler, Port Dover 1909. Engine 10x10 by Sutton Bros., Buffalo. Fish tug.
  • Ivey Alderson (1885)
    Ship       Official No.: 85473; First Rebuild: Official Number: 85473 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 66 x 13 -- 39 tons Rebuilt: in 1887 52x12x5 Owned by H. W. Ansley, Port Dover. Built by W. M. Alderson, Port Dover 1885. Engine 10x10 by Polson Iron Works, Toronto. Fish tug.
    Ship     Official No.: 85473; First Rebuild: Official Number: 85473 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 66 x 13 -- 39 tons Rebuilt: in 1887 52x12x5 Owned by H. W. Ansley, Port Dover. Built by ...
  • Steamer VIGILANT at Port Dover, Canada
    Image       "Steamer VIGILANT at Port Dover, Canada"
    Image     "Steamer VIGILANT at Port Dover, Canada"
  • Port Dover Harbour, Canada
    Image       "Port Dover Harbour, Canada" "108282" Reverse: "The Valentine & Sons' Publishing Co., Ltd. Montreal and Toronto Printed in Great Britain Published by W. A. Gordon, Photo Print Shop Port Dover, Ont."
    Image     "Port Dover Harbour, Canada" "108282" Reverse: "The Valentine & Sons' Publishing Co., Ltd. Montreal and Toronto Printed in Great Britain Published by W. A. Gordon, Photo Print Shop Port Dover, ...
  • Steamer "Keystone" Docking at Port Dover, Canada
    Image       "Steamer "Keystone" Docking at Port Dover, Canada" Reverse: "Rumsey & Co., Ltd., 1528 Queen St. West, Toronto Canada"
    Image     "Steamer "Keystone" Docking at Port Dover, Canada" Reverse: "Rumsey & Co., Ltd., 1528 Queen St. West, Toronto Canada"
  • Fall Storm at Port Dover, Canada
    Image       "Fall Storm at Port Dover, Canada" "(Gordon Photo) Reverse: "Pub. by W. A. Gordon, Port Dover, Canada Made in Germany" "W. A. G. 3746"
    Image     "Fall Storm at Port Dover, Canada" "(Gordon Photo) Reverse: "Pub. by W. A. Gordon, Port Dover, Canada Made in Germany" "W. A. G. 3746"
  • Pt. Dover, Ont.
    Image       "Pt. Dover, Ont."
    Image     "Pt. Dover, Ont."
  • Fishtug Racey at Port Dover - 1925
    Image       Black and white photograph of the fishing tug RACEY of Port Dover in her home port alongside a wooden wharf and fishing shanty. On the roof of the shanty is "S DYER". A variety of fishing gear is scattered across the dock and leaning against the building.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the fishing tug RACEY of Port Dover in her home port alongside a wooden wharf and fishing shanty. On the roof of the shanty is ...
  • Building the City of Dover
    Image       Black and white photograph of the CITY OF DOVER on the stocks in the shipyard at Port Dover, ON in 1916. John E. Paasch, the shipwright, and W. F. Kolbe, the owner, are probably in the photograph. Two men in World War I uniforms stand on the deck frames. A ...
    Image     Black and white photograph of the CITY OF DOVER on the stocks in the shipyard at Port Dover, ON in 1916. John E. Paasch, the shipwright, and W. F. Kolbe, ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Location
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit