Maritime History of the Great Lakes

Results

We found
29
matching items
Geographic Location
Sarnia
  
  • THORNHILL is making her approach to the Sarnia Elevator
        The date is May 18, 1975 and THORNHILL, a part-cargo to be unloaded, is making her approach to the Sarnia Elevator.
      The date is May 18, 1975 and THORNHILL, a part-cargo to be ...
  • George M. Carl
        Photograph of the GEORGE M. CARL passing down the St. Clair River by Sarnia and Port Huron.
      Photograph of the GEORGE M. CARL passing down the St. Clair River ...
  • United Empire
        Photograph of UNITED EMPIRE at Sarnia shortly after the turn of the century.
      Photograph of UNITED EMPIRE at Sarnia shortly after the turn of the ...
  • End of the Edward Blake: Schooner Days XCV (95)
    Snider, C. H. J., Toronto Telegram (Toronto, ON), 8 Jul 1933     End of the Edward Blake Schooner Days XCV (95) And some others as well. That invaluable correspondent, John Rudolph Redfern Macdonald, Goderich fisherman, better and more briefly known as "Red," comes on deck with the fate of the schooner ...
    Snider, C. H. J., Toronto Telegram (Toronto, ON), 8 Jul 1933   End of the Edward Blake Schooner Days XCV (95) And some others ...
  • Monarch (1890)
        Official No.: 96843; 240x35x15 Owned by Northwest Transportation Co.; to Northern Navigation Co. 1901. Built by Dyble & Perry, Sarnia 1890. Engine 21-33-54x42 by Kerr Bros., Walkerville. Used Sarnia-Lakehead. Wrecked in gale 06/12/06 Isle Royale, 1 killed. ; Final Location: Isle Royale, Michigan, U.S.A., Wrecked
      Official No.: 96843; 240x35x15 Owned by Northwest Transportation Co.; to Northern Navigation ...
  • R.C. Brittain (1877)
        Official No.: 100125; Previous Registration: U.S.A. (1901) 142x24x8 Owned by W. Scott, Wallaceburg. Ran ashore in fog 11/11/01 Duck Island, Lake Huron; refloated in spring. ; Final Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, Burnt
      Official No.: 100125; Previous Registration: U.S.A. (1901) 142x24x8 Owned by W. Scott, ...
  • Sarnia (1901)
        Official No.: 96853; 67x21x11 Owned by J. Reid, Sarnia 1901, 1905; Canadian Towing & Wrecking Co., Port Arthur 1917. Engine 20x20 (maker unknown). Wrecking tug. Damaged by fire 01/01/14 Port Arthur, repaired. Destroyed by fire 11/11/21 Port Arthur. ; Final Location: Port Arthur, Ontario, Canada, Burnt
      Official No.: 96853; 67x21x11 Owned by J. Reid, Sarnia 1901, 1905; Canadian ...
  • Sarnia City (1909)
        Official No.: 126227; 105x26x12 Owned by Reid Wrecking Co., Sarnia 1909, 1928; to Sincennes-McNaughton 1929. Engine 14-22-38x30 (maker unknown, made 1894). Wrecked 08/10/30 Point Traverse, Ont., idle for some time.
      Official No.: 126227; 105x26x12 Owned by Reid Wrecking Co., Sarnia 1909, 1928; ...
  • Simon Langell (1886)
        Official No.: 138373; Previous Registration: U.S.A. (1919) 195x35x14 Owned by R. S. Misener, Sarnia 1919, 1921; to C. E. Millard, Sarnia 1923; Langell Transportation Co. 1925. Built by S. Langell, St. Clair Mich. 1886. Engine 24-50x36 by Globe Iron Works, Cleveland Ohio.; Final Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, Burnt
      Official No.: 138373; Previous Registration: U.S.A. (1919) 195x35x14 Owned by R. S. ...
  • T.D. Dole (1864)
        Other Names: J.C. Clark (1871); Official No.: 51669; Previous Registration: U.S.A. First Rebuild: Official Number: 51669 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 96 x 21 -- 175 tons Rebuilt: in 1871 Second Rebuild: Propulsion: Screw Rebuilt: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada 89x21x9 Owned by T. Bury, Sombra 1865, 1871; W. B. Clark, Sarnia 1877, 1886; ...
      Other Names: J.C. Clark (1871); Official No.: 51669; Previous Registration: U.S.A. First ...
  • Tepiakan (1895)
        Official No.: 96847; 55x12x6 Owned by P. Jones, Sarnia. Built by Scagel, Sarnia 1895. Fish tug.
      Official No.: 96847; 55x12x6 Owned by P. Jones, Sarnia. Built by Scagel, ...
  • United Empire (1882)
        Other Names: Saronic (1905); Official No.: 80776; 253x36x15 Owned by Northwest Transportation Co., to Northern Navigation Co. /Canada Steamship Lines 1900. Built by Parry & Dyble, Sarnia and launched 01/11/82. Engines 34-60x42 by G. N. Oill, St. Catharines. "First on fresh water" with electric light. Steel main deck and arches. ...
      Other Names: Saronic (1905); Official No.: 80776; 253x36x15 Owned by Northwest Transportation ...
  • W.J. Spicer (1864)
        154x24x11 Owned by Grand Trunk Railway. Built by R. Steed, Sarnia and launched 14/09/64. Engine from "St. Clair". Ferry.
      154x24x11 Owned by Grand Trunk Railway. Built by R. Steed, Sarnia and ...
  • Wales (1881)
        Official No.: 83375; 126x24x11 Owned by Muskoka Mill & Lumber Co. Toronto 1886; Wescott Wrecking Co., Sarnia 1895, 1901. Built by Parry & Dyble, Sarnia 1881. Engine 22½x20 by E. E. Gilbert, Montreal, from old "Wales".
      Official No.: 83375; 126x24x11 Owned by Muskoka Mill & Lumber Co. Toronto ...
  • Willie Scagel (1888)
        Official No.: 80780; 37x9x4 Owned by J. Telfer, Blenheim Ont. 1901; H. F. Bridges, Windsor 1917.
      Official No.: 80780; 37x9x4 Owned by J. Telfer, Blenheim Ont. 1901; H. ...
  • Michigan (1859)
        Other Names: Prince Alfred (1867); Michigan; First Rebuild: Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 154 x 27 -- 275 tons Rebuilt: Goderich, Ontario, Canada in 1866 Second Rebuild: Propulsion: Screw 154x27x9 Owned by Grand Trunk Railway 1859; to Pridgeon & Moore 1861; to Dominion Government 1866; to J. Nesbit, Mooretown 1876; to Canadian ...
      Other Names: Prince Alfred (1867); Michigan; First Rebuild: Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 154 ...
  • Colonist (1854)
        Official No.: 33481; 134x24x11 Owned by J. Porter et al. 1854; to Henderson & Holcomb, Montreal 1855. Owned by several partnerships subsequently. Built by Robert Stead, Sarnia and launched 06/06/54. Engine by Hyde & Kelso, Detroit. Used Montreal-Upper Lakes. 40' upper cabin. Went ashore late December 1856 Kingston, pulled off ...
      Official No.: 33481; 134x24x11 Owned by J. Porter et al. 1854; to ...
  • David Scoville (1875)
        Official No.: 71220; Previous Registration: U.S.A. (1879) 42x13x4 Owners unknown. Ferry. Destroyed by fire 20/10/79 Grand Trunk Railway wharf, Sarnia. ; Final Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, Burnt
      Official No.: 71220; Previous Registration: U.S.A. (1879) 42x13x4 Owners unknown. Ferry. Destroyed ...
  • Hamonic (1908)
        Official No.: 122553; 350x50x24 Owned by Northern Navigation Co. then Canada Steamship Lines. Built by Collingwood Shipbuilding Co. and launched 26/11/08. Engine 24-35-52-80x42 by builder. Engine was 25' high, 37' long. Intentionally grounded in "great gales" 11/11/13 Whitefish Bay to avoid further weather damage. Stuck in ice 15/12/27 near Soo, ...
      Official No.: 122553; 350x50x24 Owned by Northern Navigation Co. then Canada Steamship ...
  • Interocean (1888)
        Official No.: 94682; 74x16x7 Owned by E. G. Shorts, Wallaceburg. Built by S. D. Andrews, Collingwood 1888. Engine 14x16 (maker unknown). Tug. Destroyed by fire 13/10/92 Sarnia. ; Final Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, Burnt
      Official No.: 94682; 74x16x7 Owned by E. G. Shorts, Wallaceburg. Built by ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
1870s1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Location
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit