Maritime History of the Great Lakes

Results

We found
36
matching items
Geographic Location
Trois-Rivières
  
  • Admiralty Orders for Canadian Shipyards: Trawlers, Drifters, and the Urgency of Coastal Defence during the Great War
    Moir, Michael, The Northern Mariner / Le marin du nord (St. John's, NL), Jul 2016, 275-98     ...
    Moir, Michael, The Northern Mariner / Le marin du nord (St. John's, NL), Jul 2016, 275-98   ...
  • Mona's Isle (1865)
        Official No.: 52462; 64x14x4 Owned by S. Ward, Trois Rivières. Built by J. K. Ward, Trois Rivières 1865. Towboat.
      Official No.: 52462; 64x14x4 Owned by S. Ward, Trois Rivières. Built by ...
  • N.H. Botsford (1922)
        Other Names: Knowlton (1927); Official No.: 150709; 251x44x18 Owned by George Hall Coal & Transportation Co. 1922-1926; Canada Steamship Lines 1926-1940. Built by Fraser Brace & Co., Trois Rivières. Engine 19-32-56x36 (maker unknown). Requisitioned for war use 1940. Lying derelict Lagos, Nigeria; towed to Wales and broken up 1951.
      Other Names: Knowlton (1927); Official No.: 150709; 251x44x18 Owned by George Hall ...
  • Ottawa (1840)
        83x19x7 Owned by L. Lefebvre, St. Antoine Que. 1842; C. King, St. Antoine de Tilly 1848; Torrance & Co. 1850. Built by P. Cormier, Trois Rivières 1840. Towboat. Wrecked in collision with "Reindeer" 27/09/51 near Kingston. Raised but capsized in storm 02/10/51. ; Final Location: Near Kingston, Ontario, Canada, Wrecked ...
      83x19x7 Owned by L. Lefebvre, St. Antoine Que. 1842; C. King, St. ...
  • St. Anne
        Dimensions, building data and owner unknown. Ferry at Trois Rivières 1864-70. ; Final Location: Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada, Broken Up
      Dimensions, building data and owner unknown. Ferry at Trois Rivières 1864-70. ; ...
  • St. Maurice (1846)
        Official No.: 33390; 101x17x7 Owned by J. Normand & T. Foisy, Quebec. Built by J. Samson, Trois Rivières 1846, completed at Quebec. Tug.
      Official No.: 33390; 101x17x7 Owned by J. Normand & T. Foisy, Quebec. ...
  • Sir Lomer (1912)
        Official No.: 134134; 60x15x7 Owned by J. A. Lemay 1912, 1921; National Dock & Dredging Corp., Quebec 1927. Built by J. Lemay, Portneuf Que. 1912. Engine 13½-23x14, rebuilt by builder. Sank 23/08/30 near Trois Rivières. ; Final Location: Near Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada, Foundered
      Official No.: 134134; 60x15x7 Owned by J. A. Lemay 1912, 1921; National ...
  • Surveyor (1903)
        Official No.: 112268; 68x18x5 Owned by E. Brule, Sorel. Built by W. Auclair, Trois Rivières 1903.
      Official No.: 112268; 68x18x5 Owned by E. Brule, Sorel. Built by W. ...
  • T.P. Phelan (1917)
        Official No.: 140953; Later Registration: U.S.A. (1925) 241x41x14 Owned by E. A. Woodward, Winnipeg 1922; H. S. Scarth, Winnipeg 1923 (Operated by Canada Steamship Lines). Built by Tidewater Shipbuilders Ltd., Trois Rivières 1917. Engine 14-28x26 by Palmer's Shipbuilding & Iron Co., Jarrow England (made 1887). Parts of "Rosamond Billett" incorporated ...
      Official No.: 140953; Later Registration: U.S.A. (1925) 241x41x14 Owned by E. A. ...
  • Toronto (1835)
        92x23x8 Owned by Moses Hart, Trois Rivières. Built by Cormier, Trois Rivières and launched 04/07/35. Engine by Ward Bros., Montreal. Towboat.
      92x23x8 Owned by Moses Hart, Trois Rivières. Built by Cormier, Trois Rivières ...
  • Trois Rivieres (1834)
        79x18x7 Owned by "Mr. Bourgeois". Built by Shea & Merritt, Montreal 1834 (trial trip 16/07/34), rebuilt by D. Beaulieu, Sorel and re-launched 11/05/54. Engine by Johnson & Clarke, Montreal. Ferry. Destroyed by fire 14/04/57 in winter quarters Trois Rivières. ; Final Location: Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada, Burnt
      79x18x7 Owned by "Mr. Bourgeois". Built by Shea & Merritt, Montreal 1834 ...
  • Yamaska (1858)
        134x22x7 Owned by Yamaska Navigation Co. 1858; Terrebonne & L'Assomption Navigation Co. 1860; to Richelieu Company 1861. Built by A. Cantin, Montreal 1858. Engine 36x42 (oscillating) by Bartley & Gilbert, Montreal. Market boat (makes all stops). Capsized and sank in collision with sailing ship 29/05/68 Trois Rivières. ; Final Location: ...
      134x22x7 Owned by Yamaska Navigation Co. 1858; Terrebonne & L'Assomption Navigation Co. ...
  • Lea (1893)
        Official No.: 103141; 43x10x3 Built and owned by J. Arel, Trois Rivières. Engine 6x5 (maker unknown).
      Official No.: 103141; 43x10x3 Built and owned by J. Arel, Trois Rivières. ...
  • Little Aleck (1842)
        71x15x7 Owned by M. Hart, Trois Rivières; to Dickson Johnson & Co., Montreal 1845. Built by P. Cormier, Trois Rivières 1842.
      71x15x7 Owned by M. Hart, Trois Rivières; to Dickson Johnson & Co., ...
  • Maisonneuve I
        First Rebuild: Official Number: 138224 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 96 x 17 -- 79 tons Rebuilt: Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1916 96x17x6 Owned by A. Desmarteau, Montreal 1916; J. Paquette, Champlain 1921. Used Montreal-Deschaillons. ; Final Location: Lachine, Quebec, Canada, Burnt
      First Rebuild: Official Number: 138224 Propulsion: Screw Dimensions: 96 x 17 -- ...
  • Mekinac (1912)
        Official No.: 131012; 71x27x5 Owned by St. Maurice Lumber Co. 1912; R. F. Grant, Trois Rivières 1916, 1928; Chantiers Manseau Ltd., Sorel 1935. Tug.
      Official No.: 131012; 71x27x5 Owned by St. Maurice Lumber Co. 1912; R. ...
  • Arthur (1867)
        First Rebuild: Official Number: 75697 Propulsion: Sidewheel Dimensions: 64 x 12 -- 33 tons Rebuilt: Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada in 1878 65x12x3. Owned by O. J. Paradis (Pierreville Navigation Co.) 1869; Dean & Baptiste, Trois Rivières 1877; J. Baptiste, Trois Rivières, 1886. Built by A. J. Paradis, Trois Rivières 1867; ...
      First Rebuild: Official Number: 75697 Propulsion: Sidewheel Dimensions: 64 x 12 -- ...
  • Beatrice (1893)
        Official No.: 100865; 65x14x5 Built and owned by A. Baptiste, Trois Rivières. Engine (oscillating) 9x48, maker unknown. Harbour tug.
      Official No.: 100865; 65x14x5 Built and owned by A. Baptiste, Trois Rivières. ...
  • Bourgeois (1892)
        Official No.: 100370; 108x20x6 Owned by C. Bourgeois, Trois Rivières. Built by C. Bourgeois & Co., Trois Rivières 1892. Engine 22x36 by A. McKelvie & Sons, Trois Rivières (made 1884). Ferry. Sank at wharf 15/11/07. ; Final Location: Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada, Foundered
      Official No.: 100370; 108x20x6 Owned by C. Bourgeois, Trois Rivières. Built by ...
  • Brumath (1919)
        Official No.: 141846; 196x40x15 Built for French Government, owned J. Rioux, "Ruisseau Arbor" (?) Que. One of 5 wood steam barges built for France but not taken there. Ordered from U.S. builder, order transferred to Canadian subsidiary but both went bankrupt before ships completed. Some passenger accommodation added 1921. Destroyed ...
      Official No.: 141846; 196x40x15 Built for French Government, owned J. Rioux, "Ruisseau ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1810s1810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
1830s1830183118321833183418351836183718381839
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Location
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit