11. CAPE BRETON MINER Revisited Readers will recall that, when reviewing the history of Upper Lakes Shipping's CAPE BRETON MINER in the Summer issue, we noted that she operated from 1969 until early in 1972 under the Liberian flag for Conveyor Shipping Inc., which renamed her (b) CONVEYOR. We also men tioned that despite best efforts, we had been unable to locate a photo of the ship as CON VEYOR. But seek (in the pages of "Scanner") and ye shall find! Thanks to longtime member and supporter Len Barr, we are pleased to share with our members a photo of CONVEYOR which was taken at Camden, New Jersey, in July of 1970. Another first for this publication! Please enjoy. * * * * * A MEMBER'S MARINE ART ON EXHIBIT It is our policy to make note in these pages of works produced by T. M. H. S. members. This usually means books they have written or published, but it can include more. Local members will be familiar with fellow member Don Macmillan, of Oakville, who is an accomplished ma rine artist. On several occasions, he has brought examples of his work to T. M. H. S. meetings for the members to see. Don's excellent graphite pencil drawings of lake ships will be part of "Ship to Shore II", an exhibit which will be at the Oakville Municipal Building, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, from November 3rd to the 23rd. There will be a later showing at the Old Post Office, Picton. ADDITIONAL MARINE NEWS A movement is afoot to restore the former Owen Sound Transportation Company passenger stea mer NORISLE to operating condition. Retired in 1974, NORISLE was acquired by the town of Assiginack and has been a static display at the Manitowaning Heritage Complex on Manitoulin Island. Experts from the Ontario Steam Heritage Museum have examined the vessel and said that restoration would be possible. Friends of NORISLE is a group that supports the return to operation of the 1946-built steamer. Elsewhere in this issue, we mentioned LAKE SUPERIOR. But another former U. S. Army Corps of Engineers tug is to be reactivated for Duluth/Superior service. She is the 86-foot, 1944- built FORNEY, which has been idle at Manitowoc since her 2004 retirement. She has been ac quired by the Ojard family of Knife River, Minnesota, and is to be renamed EDWARD H. She set out on her delivery trip from Manitowoc on October 28 but was delayed by unco-operative weather conditions.