- Mystery Question
- Can this image be dated?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Item Type
- Black and white stereoview of Oswego harbour featuring, from left to right, the Continental Elevator, C. Ames & Co.'s Reciprocity Elevator, and Howlett Gardner & Co.'s Lake Ontario Mills. Two unidentified two-masted schooners lie unloading into the elevators. The hull of a third vessel, possibly a canal barge lies to the right of the image, with the open hatch and hatch cover of a fourth vessel in the foreground.
- Handwritten: "Canadian Scene (North NY State)?"
- Date of Original
- c 1865 -1880
Width: 17.7 cm
Height: 8.8 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
New York, United States
Latitude: 43.4626381463078 Longitude: -76.5109348297119
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to the applicable Canadian or American laws. No restrictions on use.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org