Wreck of the Steamer LOUIS RENAUD in the Lachine Rapids
- Notman, William, Photographer
- Item Type
- Stereoview of the shipwreck of the steamboat LOUIS RENAUD in the Lachine Rapids just above the Isle au Heron in the Saint Lawrence River.
- The LOUIS RENAUD was wrecked in the rapids on 12 May 1873 under the command of Captain John Rankin, with about 150 passengers on board. The government inquiry was critical of both the captain and the pilot.
- Reverse: "No 84858 Wreck of the Steamber L. Renaud in the Lachine Rapids, near Montreal, May 12, 1873"
- W. Notman
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
- 12 May 1873
Width: 17.2 cm
Height: 8.6 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes