- Audio (.MP3)
- Lawrence, Frank W., Composer
- Item Type
- Sheet music covers
- The New and Revised Edition of "Racing Down the Rapids" by composer Frank W. Lawrence, with an engraving of the Richelieu and Ontario Navigation Company steamboat SPARTAN in the Lachine Rapids of the Saint Lawrence River on the cover.
- Cover of ten pages of piano sheet music. The entire score, as a PDF file is available from the Sheet Music from Canada's Past site at the National Library of Canada
- "New and Revised Edition" "Racing Down the Rapids, by Frank W. Lawrence. Published by Lawrence Brothers, 11 Dodd St., East Orange, New Jersey, Published by K. Dehnhoff, 44 West 29th St., New York City" "$1" "copyright 1888 by F. W. Lawrence. Forbes Co. Boston".
On p. 2 "Respectfully dedicated to Mrs. William Laing, and Miss Florence Milne, Essex Centre, Ont. Canada"
"Copyright 1886 by Spear & Dehnhoff"
Sections: "Through Thousand Islands" "Rapide Gallopes" "Rapide de Platt" "Lake St. Francis" "Rapids Long Sault" "Rapids Coteau" "Rapids Lachine" "St. Laurence River at Montreal" "Grand Finale at Montreal"
- Lawrence Brothers
- Place of Publication
- East Orange, New Jersey
- Date of Original
Width: 34.5 cm
Height: 26.4 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 27.3cm
Image Height: 16.8cm
- Playing Time
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.416045472341 Longitude: -73.5817909240723
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmailwalter@maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.caWWW address