- Media Type
- Item Type
- Wood engravings
- Engraving of the American Express Line steamboat ONTARIO, whose captain was Horatio Nelson Throop of Pultneyville, NY.
- From History of Wayne County, 1876
Steamer "Ontario" Built at Clayton 1847 by John Oades for Ontario & St. Lawrence Steamboat Co. 232'1" x 32'2" x 11'6" 832 tons. Cut by ice while at anchor, Nov. 13, 1883, at Chenaille du Moine, Sorel, P.Q., and sank; became total loss.
- The Steamer "Ontario," Captain H. N. Throop, Pultneyville, N. Y.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Throop, H. N.
- Richard Palmer
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
New York, United States
Latitude: 43.2836640084251 Longitude: -77.1833434179687
- Creative Commons licence
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org