- Item Type
- The Mary Groh, of 139 gross tons; 112 feet in length and 22 feet wide, was built at Black River, Ohio, in 1873. It was purchased in 1887 by Capt. Samuel Neff and his older son, Sidney O.Neff, and sold several years later. The Mary Groh is pictured at Manistee, Mich. in 1887,Sidney O.Neff, master. Capt. Sam Neff is near the mast, and Sidney O.Neff is presumably at the master's post near the pilot house. Listed Inland Lloyds Vessel Register,1893; Ship Masters' Assoc. Directory,1903; and Beers, History of the Great Lakes, Vol. 1, p. 833.
- Date of Publication
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Michigan, United States
Latitude: 44.2525656568117 Longitude: -86.3165252380371
- John S. Neff
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org