- Mystery Question
- What is the steamboat lying off the stern of the ABYSSINIAN?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Parks, J. G., Photographer
- Item Type
- Stereoview of the Union Navigation Company steamboat ABYSSINIAN, probably at Montreal. The label on the top of the paddlewheel box is "Co'e de Nav'n Union".
- Formerly the American steamboat ONTARIO, Abyssinian was sold by the Canadian Navigation Company (CNCo) to the Union Navigation Company in 1874 and taken down the rapids of the Saint Lawrence. She was bought by the Richelieu and Ontario Navigation Company (successor to CNCo) in 1876.
- "Abyssinian steamer"
Reverse: "J. G. Parks Photographer
A Publisher of Stereoscopic views
- J. G. Parks
- Place of Publication
- Montreal, QC
- Date of Original
Width: 17.7 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.503459 Longitude: -73.54454
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmailwalter@maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.caWWW address