- Parks, J. G., Photographer
- Item Type
- A stereoview of the main saloon of the Richelieu Company steamboat QUEBEC. Off both levels are doors to the 150 staterooms on the QUEBEC. In the foreground hangs a large gaslight chandelier.
- The view was published between 1871 and 1875, the years Parks was located at 188 St. James St. This image has been particularly marked over the years, so while the stereoview effect is a good one, there is the sensation of viewing it through a dirty window. QUEBEC was launched in 1864, rebuilt in 1907 and was retired in 1928.
- "Steamer Quebec. No. 155"
"J. G. Parks, Photographer, 188 St. James Street, Montreal."
"Canadian and American Scenery, by J. G. Parks"
- J. G. Parks
- Place of Publication
- Montreal, Quebec
- Date of Original
- c 1874
Width: 17.7 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.196666 Longitude: -74.331388
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmailwalter@maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.caWWW address